3 Rules for Locating Mule Deer Wyoming Hunting News
This is part 1 of a 3 article series on how to find big mule deer bucks in the high country. Hunting Big Mule Deer can be very mentally challenging.... Where to Find Them. If you are serious about seeking a trophy mule deer, you need to focus on areas where management, access, quota and habitat work in conjunction with one another to …
Mule Deer Hunting Big Game Hunt
Desert mule deer are partially nomadic and meander through the desert to find the most plentiful forage available. Deer can be found in the foothills of desert mountain ranges, which are dominated by saguaro and other cactus species.... You’ll find deer consistently using points in two ways. First, deer will often use these points to bed on. Deer love bedding out on these points with a wind at their back coming from the ridge, and then facing down into the lowland ahead of them, keeping watch for danger. In addition to use as bedding, you’ll also find that deer will use trails running along either side of a ridge which
Finding Mature Mule Deer Bucks Antelope Creek Wildlife
After being shot in the heart, the deer will sometimes jump up and do a “mule kick” and then proceed to dart off at a blazing speed with its tail down. The blood from a heart shot deer should be a bright red and thick. The blood should spray out a nice pattern which is normally easy to follow. Heart shot deer make blood trailing deer easy in most cases.... Hunting Oregon’s Mysterious Open-Country Muleys. By Gary Lewis. Over on the dry side, where water holes are few and far between, it isn't hard to find deer sign.
How to Stalk Mule Deer by Bowsite.com
By Cliff Gray. Cliff is a registered outfitter in the State of Colorado, guiding and outfitting over 80 hunters a year for elk, bighorns and mule deer in the White River National Forest and Flat Tops Wilderness Area of the Rocky Mountains.... Mule deer prefer rugged, remote habitats that include Nebraska’s Sandhills region, the desert Southwest, and the Rocky Mountains. Although whitetails prefer crops, acorns and woody browse, mule deer eat sage, conifers and other brush.
How To Find Mule Deer
8 Major Differences Between Whitetails and Mule Deer
- 5 Tips for Hunting Late-season Mule Deer Outdoor Canada
- Mule Deer Hunt eBay
- Finding Backcountry Podcast
- Montana Guided Mule Deer Hunting Swan Mountain Outfitters
How To Find Mule Deer
Mule deer migrate annually from high mountain habitats where they summer, to lower elevations in the winter, to avoid deep snow and to find food. Mule deer are the primary food source for cougars in Utah. As such, cougars follow deer during their annual migrations. They can be seen throughout the year and are mainly active at dusk and dawn. In winter, they may be active throughout the day.
- As the food sources dry up, mule deer are easier to find due to the lack of green vegetation holding them in specific areas. I usually start scouting at the end of June when all the hills are green.
- The mule deer once spooked can and will run until he's in the next county! Your whitetails usually stay around I think, so you could get another chance at the same deer. Anyway I really like your writing style, very easy and entertaining reads! Thanks habee.
- Across the country, it's an annual rite of late winter and early spring hunting down the tag of a lifetime to bag the mule deer of a lifetime. As we speak, thousands of hunters are perusing
- “I’ve killed a bunch of elk,” they tell me, “but I’ve never been able to find a nice mule deer buck.” Part of the problem is the mulie’s vast range of habitat. I pulled the trigger on that 4x4 this fall at 12,300 feet.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Williamsdale ACT, Civic ACT, Gilmore ACT, Bimberi ACT, Narrabundah ACT, ACT Australia 2624
- New South Wales: North Arm Cove NSW, Hastings Point NSW, Boolaroo NSW, Kurraba Point NSW, Bogangar NSW, NSW Australia 2074
- Northern Territory: Dundee Beach NT, Top Springs NT, Lansdowne NT, Batchelor NT, Barkly Homestead NT, Kaltukatjara NT, NT Australia 0834
- Queensland: Builyan QLD, Karragarra Island QLD, The Gemfields QLD, Upper Daradgee QLD, QLD Australia 4078
- South Australia: Windsor SA, Halidon SA, Billiatt SA, Muloorina SA, Auldana SA, Quorn SA, SA Australia 5011
- Tasmania: Glenfern TAS, Highclere TAS, Blackwood Creek TAS, TAS Australia 7037
- Victoria: Hmas Cerberus VIC, Melton VIC, Merton VIC, Amherst VIC, Wellsford VIC, VIC Australia 3005
- Western Australia: Mt Claremont WA, Mingullatharndo Community WA, Sandfire WA, WA Australia 6026
- British Columbia: Maple Ridge BC, Greenwood BC, Kelowna BC, Gold River BC, Victoria BC, BC Canada, V8W 7W9
- Yukon: Stevens Roadhouse YT, Minto YT, Moosehide YT, Frances Lake YT, Sulphur YT, YT Canada, Y1A 8C8
- Alberta: Acme AB, Brooks AB, Beaumont AB, Vilna AB, Cardston AB, Wabamun AB, AB Canada, T5K 6J6
- Northwest Territories: Kakisa NT, Jean Marie River NT, Paulatuk NT, Deline NT, NT Canada, X1A 5L2
- Saskatchewan: Semans SK, Alvena SK, Waseca SK, Harris SK, Bethune SK, Aylesbury SK, SK Canada, S4P 9C3
- Manitoba: Bowsman MB, Neepawa MB, Roblin MB, MB Canada, R3B 7P8
- Quebec: Salaberry-de-Valleyfield QC, Plessisville QC, Mercier QC, Mont-Joli QC, Riviere-du-Loup QC, QC Canada, H2Y 8W9
- New Brunswick: Quispamsis NB, Cambridge-Narrows NB, Meductic NB, NB Canada, E3B 8H3
- Nova Scotia: North Sydney NS, Annapolis Royal NS, Middleton NS, NS Canada, B3J 2S7
- Prince Edward Island: Lady Slipper PE, Warren Grove PE, Pleasant Grove PE, PE Canada, C1A 7N3
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Triton NL, Fox Cove-Mortier NL, Conche NL, Woodstock NL, NL Canada, A1B 4J2
- Ontario: Keady ON, Greenview ON, Mountain Grove ON, Jerseyville, Indian River ON, Westminster, Prescott and Russell United Counties ON, James ON, ON Canada, M7A 6L8
- Nunavut: Whale Cove NU, Iqaluit NU, NU Canada, X0A 2H7
- England: Guildford ENG, Altrincham ENG, Chesterfield ENG, Wallasey ENG, Royal Leamington Spa ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 1A8
- Northern Ireland: Bangor NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Belfast NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 7H1
- Scotland: Hamilton SCO, East Kilbride SCO, Dundee SCO, Aberdeen SCO, East Kilbride SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 7B7
- Wales: Wrexham WAL, Neath WAL, Barry WAL, Swansea WAL, Wrexham WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 3D1